It's still February, still winter, and there's all kinds of ice, sleet, and freezing rain falling out of the sky. Obviously, we need some amusement. SO....
Today's post is not strictly about writing or really anything to do with it except maybe inspiration :) but it is amusing.
Everyone's heard of rodeos. Most of us have probably been to at least one in our lifetime. If so, you've seen bronc busting and bull riding. But the other day my friend, Clare, told me about a new twist that just proves people will do anything!
Apparently, future bull and bronc riders have found a way to break into the game at an early age.
5 year old kids don helmets and protective vests (actually, they don't always - sometimes just a cowboy hat), grab onto the back of a sheep, and hang on for dear life! Really, they're very determined.
If you don't believe me, check out this video:
I wish I'd known about this when I was 5. It looks like fun... although maybe not for the sheep :)
So, like I said, not much to do with writing, but seriously, there has GOT to be a story in there somewhere!
And now, I am so honored to have received another blogging award from my new friend Alison over at Alison Pearce Stevens! Isn't it nice?
As part of the award, I must list 7 things about me. So...
1. I love all animals, but horses and dogs are my favorite.
2. I went on a roller coaster in Amsterdam when I was 7 and it cured me of EVER wanting to get on a roller coaster again! ... but I love bumper cars :)
3. My first car was a cream-colored Chevette Scooter named Rover. (How many of you name your cars? It's par for the course with me... after Rover came Skippy, then the Mouse Mobile, so named because mice were constantly nesting in the engine and it did NOT smell good! My current car, as my devoted followers will already know, is called the Dog Mobile because really, part of my job description is chauffeur, and my dogs ride shotgun :))
4. I love oatmeal raisin cookies and good chick flicks, separately or together :)
5. I am a closet Grey's Anatomy fan - well, I guess not anymore!
6. My favorite color is blue - any shade. Yellow and pink are tied for second.
7. If I could meet a celebrity from history, I would be very tempted to pick Man O' War or Secretariat, even though I know I should choose someone like Martin Luther King Jr.!
And now, I would like to pass this award on to some new blogging friends:
Becky at What's Your Thought On That
Kari Marie at Writing By Heart
E.J. Wesley at The Open Vein
L.A. Colvin at First Draft on Life, Literature and Lunacy
and really, this list could go on for a long time, so I'll stop there!